Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

partizanrichmond.compartizanrichmond.com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Undertaker

The Undertaker

Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia   Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia EmptyApril 25th 2009, 2:12 pm

Hi guys,
I'm from Belgrade, Serbia and I'm great fan of FC Partizan Belgrade.Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia Icon_p11 I want to ask you about some details about Partizan Richmond:
Who is responsible for taking such a dear and great name like Partizan, what inspired him/her for that, what do you know about FC Partizan Belgrade? I have seen that there are some Serbian players in your team and I'm interested is someone of them responsible for this? I also want to know when is your club founded, do you have fans and what is their nickname, and why, but o why you choose to wear red shirts? It would be so much pretier that they are black & white like ours.
Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia Icon_n11
Back to top Go down
http://www.volimpartizan.org
jroach

PostSubject: Greetings Undertaker....and welcome!   Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia EmptyMay 4th 2009, 12:43 pm

Thanks for taking an interest in our club and hopefully we are not in any way reflecting poorly on your fine club, its deep successful history or its brilliant supporters!

My name is John Roach, one of the founding members and current Club President of Partizan Richmond FC (2008). We are a growing organization with 3 teams at the moment and looking to add a couple more to the list this fall (Autumn).

The name came from me playing against Partizan Belgrade Fc in a youth tournament for Glasgow Celtic Fc when I was 16. We played in the Saint Brieuc tournament in France and although we were in last place managed to beat Partizan in the group stages, the players were very good and gracious in defeat. I got to spend some time with the players in the village after the game and during the week....Great people.

Since that time there have been a number of Serbian, Bosnian and Croatian people who have moved to Richmond over the past 10 years; all who exhibit the same nature, kindness and passion for football that I remember when I was a youngster.
Partizan came alive last year (2008) and has done very well, I have had a number of Bosnian and Serbian players express an interest in playing for the club but we also boast players from England, Scotland, Costa Rica, Italy as well as the USA. The club is very proud of it players and we are trying to present a "Family like" atmosphere where we try to do more than just play on a Sunday, we are active in the community and are working to involve the wives and families of the club in everything from social activities to job networking.

The club colors are based on the restaurants that sponsors us (Owner is an AC Milan Fan), but with the new teams coming next year we may switch to the Black and White of Partizan.....partly due to the fact that another of the Italian restaurant sponsor likes Juventus, a happy coincidence.

The team or its fans currently do not have a nickname but if you have any suggestions we will be happy to take them on board. I am a scholar of the game and I know about the Grobari, all 3 groups, and am like you willing to do anything for the respect of the club (within reason). Please let me know what you think.....(Keep in mind we are in the US....still learning about Football and its history)

We hope that you continue to follow the club and also hope that you understand we want only to spread the word and experience of Partizan no matter where you are ...Richmond, Munich, Ohio wherever. We are as proud of your club as we are of ours with the obvious exception that your clubs history is by far a greater legacy than over 80% of the current teams in the world which is why the name means so much. We chose the name out of respect and hold it in reverence to you and your teams past, present and future.

Let me know if you would like us to send you a shirt over, I have a Partizan Belgrade Top on my wall at home. If you do want one, I will make sure it is one of the white ones!

Thank you again for the interest and please keep in contact...
Back to top Go down
The Undertaker

The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia   Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia EmptyMay 5th 2009, 4:02 am

Quote :
Thanks for taking an interest in our club and hopefully we are not in any way reflecting poorly on your fine club, its deep successful history or its brilliant supporters!

The name came from me playing against Partizan Belgrade Fc in a youth tournament for Glasgow Celtic Fc when I was 16. We played in the Saint Brieuc tournament in France and although we were in last place managed to beat Partizan in the group stages, the players were very good and gracious in defeat. I got to spend some time with the players in the village after the game and during the week....Great people.

Of course you are not reflecting poorly, I am (and I think that's the same with other FC Partizan Belgrade fans) always satisfied when discover some team around the world who found inspiration in our great club. When I read about that how your club took name, I was so proud.

Quote :
Partizan came alive last year (2008) and has done very well, I have had a number of Bosnian and Serbian players express an interest in playing for the club but we also boast players from England, Scotland, Costa Rica, Italy as well as the USA. The club is very proud of it players and we are trying to present a "Family like" atmosphere where we try to do more than just play on a Sunday, we are active in the community and are working to involve the wives and families of the club in everything from social activities to job networking.

Well, you must keep that atmosphere, because it works. Smile The best example for that is our basketball section (I don't know how much you know about that). Our basketball club Partizan is club with persuasively lack of funds, but they always play amazing at Euroleague (that is the strongest basketball competition in Europe) and over their possibilities. And the key is exactly that familiar atmosphere between our coach, players and fans.

Quote :
The club colors are based on the restaurants that sponsors us (Owner is an AC Milan Fan), but with the new teams coming next year we may switch to the Black and White of Partizan.....partly due to the fact that another of the Italian restaurant sponsor likes Juventus, a happy coincidence.

I really hope that this will come true Smile

Quote :
The team or its fans currently do not have a nickname but if you have any suggestions we will be happy to take them on board. I am a scholar of the game and I know about the Grobari, all 3 groups, and am like you willing to do anything for the respect of the club (within reason). Please let me know what you think.....(Keep in mind we are in the US....still learning about Football and its history)

I think, that if you want to completely follow our club, then the right nickname for your fans is «Gravediggers» or «Undertakers» (on Serbian it means Grobari). But I think it's better that your fans compose their nickname themselves, with this ideas in their mind. Smile

Quote :
Let me know if you would like us to send you a shirt over, I have a Partizan Belgrade Top on my wall at home. If you do want one, I will make sure it is one of the white ones!

I'm sorry but I don't have money for that (I'm unemployed for now), although I'll be very happy if I could have that shirt. Well, who knows? Maybe one day I buy that future black&white shirt. Smile I also think that your crest is very nice solution and I like it.

Quote :
We hope that you continue to follow the club and also hope that you understand we want only to spread the word and experience of Partizan no matter where you are ...Richmond, Munich, Ohio wherever. We are as proud of your club as we are of ours with the obvious exception that your clubs history is by far a greater legacy than over 80% of the current teams in the world which is why the name means so much. We chose the name out of respect and hold it in reverence to you and your teams past, present and future.

Of course, I'll continue to follow Partizan Richmond, but I need more information such as what level of competition you play at moment, where can I find tables (on your site there are only fixtures) and why is your forum so inactive?

Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia Icon_n11
Back to top Go down
http://www.volimpartizan.org
jcorazzini
Admin
jcorazzini

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia   Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia EmptyMay 12th 2009, 11:05 am

Welcome!
My name is Jeremy Corazzini and I am the Communications Officer of the club.
Here is the link to the league that or teams play in:
http://www.cvsasoccer.org/
From their main page you can find links to our schedule and standings.

As far as the forum goes, it is new to us and admittedly underused. We hope for it to become a more centralized contact point for the team. You should see this in the months to come.

We are all very excited to make connections around the world and we hope to keep in touch.
Thanks for your interest!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia   Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: THE START :: Spring 08-
Jump to: